Safety Precautions

1)  A fire or explosion may result if solvent cements, cleaners or primers are used close to sources of heat and open flames.

2)  Solvent cement can explode and start a fire if dry granular calcium hypochlorite is used to disinfect plastic piping systems or if dry granular calcium hypochlorite is stored near solvent cements, cleaners or primers.

3)  Inhaling the fumes from solvent cement for a long time may result in breathing difficulty, nausea, headaches, and dizziness. Work with solvent cement in a well-ventilated area and wear mask in case of working for extended time intervals.

4)  If solvent cement comes in contact with your skin, clothing or eyes, it can cause irritation. Wear gloves, apron, and safety goggles when working with solvent cement to protect yourself. If your skin comes in contact with solvent cement, wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and water for about 15 minutes. If your eyes come in contact with the solvent cement, wash them thoroughly with water for 15 minutes. Contact a doctor if irritation persists. In case of accidental ingestion, call an ambulance immediately and drink a few glasses of water or milk while waiting for help. Never try to induce vomiting.

5)  Store solvent cements, cleaners or primers in a dark place away from direct sunlight and heat. Keep the container of solvent cements, cleaners or primers in a protected place out of reach of children. Do not reuse empty containers.